Refurbish Your Favorite Leather Garments - Clean, Repair, Alter
Leather Garments and Accessories: New, consignment and retail
People that own leather garments, the leather they love, are afraid to wear it sometimes because they are afraid that it will be ruined. We have thirty five years of experience and we use superior products. Top designers go to us when a garment needs refurbishing, cleaning, repairing, or altering like a new jacket lining:
- Bullock and Jones,
- Banana Republic.
We do international mail orders.
A unique repair, cleaning, restoration, alteration and protection service for those who love fine leather garments:
- Hand Cleaning for delicate and valuable articles
- Stain removal, blood, grease, ink (if experts say it can't be done bring us.)
- Refinishing / re-dying even worn or damaged areas can be resurfaced.
- Invisible Repairs, we repair the impossible, holes with missing leather, acid burns, cuts etc.
- Reconditioning dry, faded, scratched and cracked leather restored to an optimum condition.
- Mildew can be removed/treated!
Protection, we can protect even delicate leather from staining using the most effective and environmentally friendly products available in the world today.
Motor Cycle Leathers, repairs pass European racing standards.
Trust Leather Perfect to care for your luxurious suede and leather garments in a way that will keep them looking new for many years of enjoyment.. Alterations and repairs are available also.
CARING FOR YOUR LEATHERS AND SUEDE
A leather or suede garment is a major investment, and it is important to choose it carefully and care for it wisely. In selecting a leather garment:
- Buy from a reputable store. Investment in a good garment may avoid some of the problems listed below.
- Look for careful matching of colors and textures between portions of the garment.
- Avoid a snug fit. Hides are stretched during tanning and some relaxation shrinkage can be expected in use and cleaning.
- Read and save care information. CARE BEGINS AT HOME
- Wear a scarf to protect the collar area from perspiration and body oils.
- If the garment gets wet, let it air dry away from heat.
- Store leather garments in a cool, ventilated area. Leather is subject to drying out if exposed to dry heat and to mildew if stored in a hot, humid environment.
- Do not store in a plastic bag.
- If staining occurs, take the garment to a professional suede and leather cleaner as soon as possible. Do not try to remove spots at home!
CLEANING YOUR LEATHER
- Have all matching pieces cleaned at the same time
- Point out any stains. Old, set stains cannot always be removed safely.
- Don't be surprised if your cleaner asks you to sign a consent form before cleaning. This will occur only if there is some question about cleanability.
LEATHER & SUEDE GARMENT CLEANING/REPAIR
We have a highly-qualified staff that is expert in caring for your garments.
Our alterations and repairs department is uniquely skilled to repair your damaged leather or suede garments that have suffered tears, burns, scrapes, or nicks, or are in need of new zippers, snaps, or buttons. We can also restore color on smooth leather and replace leather panels on garments that are beyond repair.
Garment CleaningWe can make your old garment look new again!
Our professional staff uses a state of the art cleaning. We use the finest techniques to care for your suede, leather and fur items .
These types of garments require specialized and individualized care. We take great pride in restoring texture and color so that the life of your leather garment will be extended while retaining that brand new look.
We clean and repair, jackets, coats, vests, skirts, pants, furs, shirts, dresses, school jackets, and more.
NOTE: Garment color and feel may vary after the cleaning process. Original color cannot always be successfully put back in to an oxidized suede or naked skin garment.
We fix what time has torn apart, eliminating the need for a new jacket.
Or we can help you preserve a family heirloom!
- First we inspect the garment to determine its condition.
- Next, we treat spots and stains individual, different stains require different treatment.
- Next, we clean the leather garment, only like garments get cleaned together.
- The garment is then air dried, reshaped, re-oiled, and pressed.
- We will then re-inspect the garment against the first inspection to make sure we have done the best possible job at making your jacket look great!
However, some leather tints are hard to match. For this reason, light shades of leather should be avoided. Therefore, it's important to make sure your cleaner knows what he or she is doing. If they are honest with you and say that some of the color will fade, then the cleaner is probably a good cleaner. If they beat around the bush -- select another cleaner.